Licenses and Insurance

Licensed Illinois Motor Carrier

The state of Illinois requires all household good movers to be licensed for the safety of it's citizens.  They want to make sure that anyone you are allowing into your home is properly vetted.  You can always verify the standing of your movers by contacting The Illinois Commerce Commission.

606 Movers, Inc.

ILCC 222496 MC


Hiring a licensed movers can give you quite some peace of mind because this way you know they carry at least the most basic level of workers compensation and liability coverage for your movers (should they be hurt on your property) and the property  (should there be any damage) you are moving out of or into.  It is always a good idea to request a certificate of insurance once you have contracted a mover. 

Insuring Your Personal Possessions

For local moves the state of Illinois requires that your personal belonging be reimbursed to you at $.30 per pound per article.  It is important to understand that unless you purchased additional protection you will typically only be covered at this rate.  You can always check with your insurance company to see if it will cover a move or please ask us about additional options.

It's Important to know as your rights.  Below are some helpful links we hope will ensure your move is as safe as possible.